about me

My photo
missouri, midwest, United States
married and kids; i'm a HAPPY designer and painter! i'm a native texan, which explains alot! i'm inspired by my kids and all the great e-friends that i have!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

BIZZZZY DAY!

today promises to be very busy! i have to go to jonesboro, arkansas to get something done to my tooth ... all in an effort to save it! as i said yesterday, my 80 pound german shepherd jumped up on me about 2 years ago -- and "bumped" it -- and i guess all this time, it has been abscessing ... or trying to -- every 6 months or so when i have my teeth cleaned, the abscess had been teeny -- and getting smaller -- but, yesterday, it was much bigger! sooo -- i don't even care what they do -- if they can save the tooth! it's not one of my front carrot munchers -- but, one next to it! =0(

but, jim will fix it all for me! i hope everybody has someone as wonderful as i do! he's very supportive of me and my gourds -- even when he doesn't "see-it" -- as i try to explain what my newest creation will look like ... and sometimes even after it's finished! i get frustrated, trying to explain "it" because i'm looking at "it" and i see "it" -- and then i remember some of my painting students from years ago -- and they never had artistic vision, either -- if they had a pattern they could paint it -- BEAUTIFULLY but, to stray into ANY changes -- was not in the cards for them! they'd get so confused ... and frustrated ... and i guess it's the same thing!
jim travels a lot and is gone so much that i guess i had forgotten how nice it is to have him around ... and NOW, after years, he doesn't ask many questions about my gourds ... like, WHAT is THAT? now, it's a standard line ... That's great, honey! it's really cute! ... he keeps it pretty generic ... no exacting comments about what it really is ... if i want to burst MY bubble, i'll respond with ... really? does you think it looks like a blah blah blah? and then i get just what i asked for! LOL!! when i showed him my ladybug he said -- awww that's such a cute bee! i looked at him -- looked around the room for the twilight zone FOG -- and i said -- ladybug. he says, whatever ... BUT, whether he knows what it is or not, he's always supportive -- and positive ... and accepting! and even if my ladybug looked like tyranosaurus REX, he'd never say that -- he'd just smile and try to stay within the boundaries of "not-hurting-wife" and ask me if he was in costume or something!!
it's really important to have this positive stroke in your life -- even if you don't think so -- YOU DO NEED IT!! doesn't have to be a husband -- just someone that appreciates YOU!
(((hugs)))
have a super POSITIVE day --
lisa =0)


2 comments:

Steph said...

Hope you feel better! Tooth aches are no fun.

I love your gourds. The bee's my fav.

lisa said...

thanks, steph! they couldn't do the root canals -- tooth has suffered too much trauma! =0( now it's to the oral surgeon -- and to have an implant ... it just SOUNDS too painful!
thanks, for the kudos! i have the best time painting on gourds ... i have to say that the frog steals my heart! lol!!